How Do I Get Started?
If you would like to request an appointment, but are not sure which type of appointment would be best, please take a moment to read through the following options. For traditional appointments involving ob/gyn issues (pap smears, birth control consults, current pregnancy) click here. If you are looking for a functional medicine approach to your symptoms, you will need to start with an initial evaluation with one of our practitioners.
The initial evaluation is best for:
• I've been diagnosed with PCOS and traditional therapy has not helped.
• I just don't feel "right", but I don't know exactly what's wrong.
• I have a MTHFR mutation and I would like help navigating this confusing genetic pathway.
• I think my hormones are imbalanced but I don't know if hormone therapy is the right thing for me.
If you are currently on compounded bioidentical hormones and would like our doctors to take over these prescriptions, you will need to start with a bioidentical hormone visit. These visits are best for the following scenarios:
• I am currently on bio-identical hormones
• I am currently on a traditional hormone regimen (Premarin, Prem-Pro, etc.) and would like to move to a more natural and personalized form of hormone replacement
• I have hot flashes, night sweats, low sex drive, poor memory and/or poor sleep and I would like to pursue personalized hormone therapy for these issues.
Of course, these are not the only symptoms to determine the need for bio-identical hormones, but if any of the above statements apply to you, enrollment in our bioidentical hormone program is your best place to start. Please note, these visits are not covered under insurance and the initial pricing starts at $500.
More information on these appointments can be found here.
If you are interested in more targeted nutritional counseling, such as:
• I would like to lose weight
• I would like to learn which food and exercise is the best for me
• I am training for an athletic event (triathlon, 5k, half or full marathon, high school or collegiate sports, etc)
• I am planning a pregnancy and want to improve my overall health first (men and women)
• I would like to do nutritional testing and evaluate my need for supplements and/or lifestyle and dietary changes
Then a visit with one of our nutritional therapists or enrollment in one of our sugar detox groups, may be the option for you. Please note, these visits are not covered through insurance and pricing starts at $100 per visit.
Any questions concerning the above appointments can be sent to Lisa@womensspecialtyhealthcare.com
We record live videos every Thursday at 1pm on our Facebook page! These videos cover a variety of topics ranging from weight loss, healthy aging and preconception health. You can follow our Facebook page here. We also have a youtube channel with lots of great information concerning health, wellness, nutrition, hormones, MTHFR and more. You can access that here.